Monday 20 August 2012

Lazy Days & Summer Nights

Lazy days can soothe and replenish the soul. Just having the time to process and feel what's going on around you can create a perfect balance in life. And that's exactly what I did this weekend, laid around enjoying the minutes moseying through the hours. We watched the entire first season of The Tudors, spent time at the park reading, listening to Snow Patrol, and just soaking in the sun.
In the city of Bath, you can walk the same streets ten times and find something new you didn't notice before. My favorite is when I find something random that triggers an inside joke with someone back in Utah. Those who have known me over the years will understand how much it meant to me that Elvis came to visit. :o) He is just as handsome in England as he is in Utah!
Here's one especially for my sisters. Andrew might say it's his favorite. I challenge every person back home to say these two words correctly. (On a side not, the people behind me are adorable! It looks like they're hugging in reunion.)

Bekah: Chelt-en-Ham and Glow-chest-ER
Andrew: Chelt-am 'n Glaw-stah

***
At the moment, I am sitting here at the kitchen table on a Monday morning. I examine the effects of the weekend: there are cookie wrappers scattered on the floor, socks around the room, one remote on the coffee table, the other on the sofa, empty glasses on the end table, and the best part...the ironing board and iron in the middle of our mess with an apple and banana Andrew forgot due to hurrying to get ready for work in time. It's nice feeling him still here and I can't help but smirk that such a string of event-less days always leads to rushing into dreadful Mondays. But in memory of such a perfect weekend I can't help but think to myself, the sweetest of summer nights are spent on the balcony with cheap wine in Coca Cola glasses, homemade spaghetti, and laughter.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment